Michael practices in several areas, including criminal law and many litigation-based cases, typically split between family law matters and civil litigation and contract dispute lawsuits. He believes that zealous advocacy on your case requires keeping you fully advised of the big picture at all times. Any litigation can become expensive, so knowing your costs, managing your stress, and mitigating your risk while fighting for a fair result are all hallmarks of Michael’s litigation practice. He is comfortable in the courtroom and regularly makes court appearances in multiple counties. His experience allows him to better navigate the system due to the knowledge of the various judges and opposing counsel seen on any particular case. Michael has unique knowledge and experience of Minnesota’s mental health commitment laws as well as child protection laws. If you are going through a divorce or custody dispute, or if you have been in a business deal gone bad or in a contract dispute with a partner, or are facing criminal charges contact Michael for a consultation today.
In addition to practicing law, Michael is heavily involved in his community through his service on various community boards and commissions. When he is not at the office or in a meeting, Michael enjoys spending time with his wife and children. Michael is also an avid boater sports fan and traveler. Despite having golfed on two continents, and seven states, he’s still just your average hack, but enjoys it all the same.
- Fairmont High School graduate, class of 1998
- University of Minnesota, B.A. 2002
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. 2006
- Minnesota District Court – 2006 – Present
- Minnesota Court of Appeals – 2006 – Present
- Minnesota Supreme Court – 2006 – Present
- United States Federal Court, District of Minnesota – 2012 – Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association – 2006 – Present
- Board member, Project 1590
- Fairmont Lakes Foundation, member
- Board of Directors Treasurer, Anu Family Services, a non-profit organization helping traumatized children
- Former Commissioner, Cottage Grove Charter Commission
- Former Vice-Chair, Cottage Grove Public Works Commission
- Former member, Washington County Community Corrections Board