Paul Edman practices in several areas including elder law, wills, trusts, estate planning, real estate, probate, business transactions, business organizations and income tax of individuals and businesses. He believes that a thoughtful analysis of all aspects of a transaction or estate planning problem is crucial to a good outcome. Paul has worked with many families through the estate planning, trust, will, probate process. Paul also has significant Courtroom experience in these areas.
In addition to his law practice, Paul has served in a number of capacities in his community with various boards and commissions including past President of the Fairmont Rotary Club, former member of the Fairmont Board of Education, past officer of the Martin County Bar Association and the Seventeenth Judicial District MN Bar Association. Paul also acts as the attorney for the Martin County Humane Society. Paul and his wife enjoy leisure activities such as boating and traveling, and their three grandchildren, who also live in Fairmont.
- Drake University, BS in accounting, 1976
- Certified Public Accountant, Iowa, 1977
- Drake University, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1979
- Iowa Supreme Court and all inferior Courts of the State of Iowa, 1979
- Minnesota Supreme Court and all inferior Courts of the State of Minnesota, 1983
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Elder Law Section and General Practice Section
- Iowa Bar Association, Probate Section and General Practice Section
- Martin County Bar Association
- Seventeenth Judicial District Bar Association